Saturday, August 6, 2011

Teru Teru Bozu-A Japanese Goodluck Charm Against Rain

As the title suggests, the Teru Teru Bozu are handcrafted charms that ward off rain. Japanese people hang these outside of their house to keep away the rain, although we know that we need it here in America-heat waves galore are getting pretty bad.

After discovering one of these on Deviant Art, I decided to make my own. I pretty much failed the first one, but the second isn't too bad.

This is the first one, and he hangs from my computer desk/workspace. He doesn't have eyes and isn't the traditional color, white. I thought it would be nice to use up material that I have excess of, plus I didn't have enough white to make a nicely sized one.

And this is the second one I made! It is a teeny one which will go in my car.

Tell me, would you be interested in making one? Do you find this interesting?

2 comments:

  1. HOLYBUTTERNUTS THEY'RE SO CUTE.
    i wanna make one too.
    cept i want it to rain.
    cause its so frikkin dry here TT^TT
    BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE.

    PS guess who, HINT: i'm making your gamzee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS, HELLO! 8D
      Thank you so much! 8D They haven't kept the rain away, but it helps me locate my car when I'm parked in a lot somewhere. XD Thank you, m'dear!

      Delete